The Neema Gold is prepared using the technology developed by Indian Institute of Horticultural Resarch, Bengaluru (IIHR) under the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), Govt. of India, New Delhi. The Neema Gold is a botanical extract of neem (Azadirachtaindica) manufactured using the cold pressed neem oil.
Advantages of Neema Gold
· The Neema Gold is recommended for organic farming and can be used as a component of Integrated Pest Management in various crops. It is non-toxic to beneficial and non-target organisms.
· It is generally compatible with chemical pesticides (unless highly acidic or highly alkaline) so as to provide complementary activity in integrated pest management (IPM) programmes.
· It is extracted using the Cold Press Extraction process and therefore, retains nutrients and active ingredients. It leaves no residue in the soil, crop or the environment and is highly bio degradable.
· Neem is effective against more than 200 species of insect-pests, some of whom are resistant to chemical pesticides or are otherwise difficult to manage.
· It acts as a feeding deterrent, oviposition inhibitor and insect growth regulator and therefore, though it may not kill instantaeneously, the eventual results are very effective.